Something Else SS11/12 collection, a collaboration with Ken Done’s iconic Australia artworks has got us FarOut Excited. The use of coral reef paintings circa 1978 – 1990 to create dresses, jumpsuits, jeans, scarfs and kimonos has proven to make an insane collection SUBMERGED…
all in store now at black wall, pop down to have a look and be amazed!
If you happen to live in, or even visit Bunbury (an hour or two south of Perth for the uninformed), then you had better keep an eye out for ||The Darkroom||. Soon to be opened by local lad Jordan Gianfrancesco, its going to incorporate a studio, gallery, and retail space which will be stocking some pretty dope labels like Something Else, and Ksubi. The artwork on display should be worth the trip alone!!!! We are promised pieces by Banksy, Mr Brainwash, Ben Frost, Jodee Knowles, Creepy, Sean Morris and Andrew Frazer to name a few. Jordan has his fingers in a lot of pies, and if ||The Darkroom|| is anything as good as it sounds so far, then it should be bonkers!!!!!!!!!
David Davis, 21, was getting his afro cut off when he allegedly slashed another man with a pair of scissors. Police in Stamford, Connecticut, arrested Davis shortly after the incident — before the hairdresser had time to finish the cut, the Stamford Advocate reports.
“We were rebels. We are rebels, and there weren’t any rebels around in the early ‘80’s. Fuck, even Punk got to be a fashion, and then it was dead. So the whole element of Rock, that whole attitude, disappeared. We brought it back in a way. Kids got into it. All the way from little kids who don’t wanna take a bath at night to teenagers who are generally fucked up anyway, right through to people who relate to this shit from their youth.”
sometimes the beach isn’t close enough. rrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiipping….
Check out the Rad Dan (Insight Garage Artist) creating history at the Black Wall…. DOPE
Interview with RAD DAN!!!!!
2. If you could be any animal in the world what would you be?? Being a dinosaur would be cool… like a raptor… ’cause they were fast and deadly in Jurassic Park… otherwise King Kong cause he can still score points with hot babes on top of buildings.
3. Who’s your favourite superhero?? Human Torch (who has never wanted to fly and shoot fire from their hands?? at the same time….)
4. Super powers?? Currently have none- but im working on some half cool magic tricks?… Isn’t everything an illusion?
5. What’s your favourite beer??? VB. Simple and always good in a can, but i did try this mexican dark beer which was exciting called Negro Mandello.
6. Favourite band at the moment?? I got this early recordings Beck album… which I have had on loop for a bit.
7. All time favourite movie?? From Dusk Till Dawn!!!! Cloony is a god in that!
8. Favourite you tube clip??? 30 balls to the face in 30 seconds….
9. Five favourite things in your wardrobe at the moment?? Overalls, Fanta yo yo, ACDC tee, fake leopard skin hat, denim jacket
10.The raddest person you’ve ever met??? When I was young I was at my local skate park I was riding a crappy worn out skateboard, and this older guy from the park who was there every afternoon who I thought ripped… Once told me he just got a new box of goods from the local skate store who gave him gear and stuff, and he said I could grab any deck I wanted out of it if as long as I kept on skating… thats what skateboarding is all about! Maybe I should go out and hand a deck to all the scooter riding kids out there?….
11. If you could have dinner with any 5 people who have ever lived…who would be at your table and why?? I would grab the four straight up from the tea party in Alice in wonderland… (Mad Hatter, Alice, the rabbit, and the mouse)… I might get all the cutlery and plates broken in the process… I like exciting dinners… but thats only 4 the fifth would be Drew Barrymore… because i made a zine of her and would like to show her it…